Sunday, November 1, 2009

Our Vacation

Scott and I took our first family vacation in October. My parents were coming up to Utah and we decided to go down and see them for a few days. The morning that we left we looked out the window and to my horror we saw snow on the ground and more coming down. I was so glad that we were leaving in a few minutes and hoped that we would leave the snow in Idaho as soon as possible. Unfortunately it followed us the pretty much the whole way down to Utah and messed up our plans to go to the Alpine Slide in Park City. Scott was pretty bummed and we drove an hour out of our way for nothing but we were able to have another shot at it on the way home. While we were in Utah we went to see bridal veil falls with my family and it was really fun to go hiking with Laura, she was very excited until we got to the end of the trail, the water fall and the rushing water brought on the need to go... and then we had to make a mad dash back to the entrance but the hike there was really pretty and fun. After that we tried to go see Timpanogos caves but the tours were closed so we just walked around for a while and went on a hike and learned about the local wildlife which was interesting for me because the semester before I learned about how to put together the information that we were using as our guide.
We had a fun time visiting but we decided to leave a few hours earlier then we had planed to try and hit the Alpine Slide once more. It was a little trickier getting there because the directions that we had were from Rexburg and not Payson we were doing things backwards which made things a little more complicated but we made it there all right. It was so funny once we got there it was like a ghost town. It felt like we had walked in to a ghost town and we walked around for about five minutes before we saw anyone. We wondered around until we found the place to buy our tickets for the slide and the zipline. I was kind of nerves when I realized that we were going to have to go on the ski lift but excited at the same time becuase it was my first time! So going up was fun and we got to get a good view of the slide that we were about to do it was a lot bigger than I thought it would be and by the time that we got to the top of the hill we were ready to Race! After we got the instructions on the sled we were off and I was pretty suprised at how fast they could go. Before we started we said that we were not going to use the brake and I had to on the turns becuase I was afraid of going off the track. It was a pretty close race and Scott was ahead most of the race but in the end we tied which he might contend but its the truth. Then after we got to the end we went right back on the ski lift to ride the zipline back down. I will say the ride back up there was slower after the thrill had worn off a little. But when we got to the start of the zipline it was a little intimidating thinking about what we had to do. We had to get straped into harness and put our feet on the gate and wait for the guy to open the gate to send us to our death or that is what it felt like. But we lived and it wasn't as bad of a drop as I thought it would be but it was really fast!!!


1 comment:

  1. That makes me want to go down the Alpine Slide again. I haven't been there in forever! SOunds like yall had fun.

    ReplyDelete