Carson favorite toy in our house has been his jumper that he got from Nana. He plays in this thing longer than I would have thought possible and when he gets excited it is like he is trying to shake that whole thing apart! I can't believe how hard and long he jumps. It makes me tired just watching him but any thing that tuckers him out is OK with me.
I have decide to put my sewing class to good use and try to make a dress. It was going really well until I go to the sleeves. I have now decided that I hate sleeves. They are the bane of my existence. Yesterday I spent who knows how long trying to get these sleeves on and I just could not figure out how. I finally got one sleeve attached and realized that the sleeve looked like the girl's puffy sleeve in Napoleon Dynamite. This was not the look I was going for so I now have to figure out if I want to fix the sleeve or just leave it off. I am leaning toward leaving it off but I don't want the sleeve to win either so we will see. I will have to let you know later who wins this war.
Scott to graduate has to do a 50 hour senior project. For this project he has decided to tackle a Human Resource Booklet for the School advisory center. To do this he has to talk with Faculty and HR professionals, to get there impute on what it takes to be an HR professional. Hopefully this will help him prepare for his own HR aspirations in the future.
Sleeves are the worst. I think my mom did half the ones on the dresses I made because I got so frustrated I was about ready to give up on the entire project. These were probably the only times I've been a little depressed about the necessity of modesty. They were quite cute without sleeves and much less cute after I attached them....good luck! Wish I had some pointers for you :)
ReplyDeleteugh! I hate sleeves! I remember my mom grumbling about them when she'd sew for us, and now I understand why! What a pain! Good luck! :o) I want to see pics of this dress when you're done! I'd never be brave enough to tackle a project like that!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe Carson's a crawler! He'll have to visit our toy bin: Nathan can't play with most of them yet!